Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Dreamscape #1"

D.M. Le Bris Copyright 2014

I am preparing for a one person show, from May 10th to June 18th.
My work will be exhibited at the Hancock Library,
Daniels room, in Hancock, NH.
The theme is dreamscapes. 
This encaustic painting on panel, is the first of the series.
Through the winter, I have been experimenting with new techniques, 
always with the bee's wax, colored pigments, India inks,
burnt shellac and carving into the wax.
The carving is a wonderful addition to my paintings. 
It reminds me a lot of etching, which I also love.
I used a pigment stick to fill in the grooves.
It creates a relief which adds dimension
and texture to the wax surface.

Encaustic on 18" x 18" Birch panel
Bee's wax, colored pigments, India inks, burnt shellac,
oil sticks and carving.

No comments: