Friday, March 26, 2010

"Red Earth"

 D.M. Le Bris Copyright 2010
SOLD

I remember Huahine, an island not far from Tahiti.
I rented a bicycle and toured the island.
I traveled for six hours - many hills made my legs suffer,
  but the scenery took my breath away.
As I look from a hill's top, I discovered this incredible site of
red earth and pink sand caressed by the lagoon's turquoise water.
From memory I created this landscape
recalling the light,
the Tiare flowers' scent
and the magic of the pink sand.
I used my fingers and a palette knife to create texture.

mixed media on archival board

5" x 7"
13cm x 18cm 
SOLD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle, I'm so glad to see your art again here! Thanks so much for your little message in FB, I tried to answer, but couldn't find how. Have a great week and this painting is a whole universe!

Kim said...

Hello Danielle,

I see where you were posting on Andrea's blog and came along to see for myself you were posting again! I love it. Clearly, I have missed you a lot, but I am so happy to see you back again.

This painting is wonderful. I love the colors and the bike trail, too. It is a beautiful reminder of a great experience.

Have a Grand Weekend!